Branson SFX150 Sonifier®
Overview: The Sonifier® SFX150 is part of the new lineup of Sonifiers from Branson, designed to bring the industry’s most advanced sample-processing capabilities to your laboratory. Geared toward low-volume samples ranging from 0.2 to 150 mL, the Sonifier SFX150 delivers up to 150 watts of power. And at 40 kHz, it’s quiet enough to operate on a lab bench without a sound enclosure.
Because it is available with either a conventional or a handheld converter, you can use the SFX150 in a stack configuration to process longer-duration samples, or process samples quickly by hand using the comfortable, ergonomically-designed handheld converter.
♦ Handheld Converter. Branson’s exclusive handheld converter is designed with the user in mind. The handheld converter offers an ergonomic grip for comfort and control, and a recessed pushbutton and LED
indicator for assured operation.
♦ Energy Mode. In Energy Mode, the SFX Series power supply manages the processing cycle to deliver a precise, user-determined input of ultrasonic energy (measured in joules), either continuously or in individual pulses. The SFX Series automatically compensates for any variability, extending or shortening the cycle as needed to deliver the precise energy output.
♦ Process monitoring. In operation, Sonifier SFX Series monitors ongoing processes on a scrollable, digital screen, providing continuous updates of key variables including power level, energy usage, sample temperature, and experiment progress.
♦ Sample-processing programs. For assured repeatability and precision on a greater scale, the SFX Series enables users to create and store up to 20 sampleprocessing programs. Program parameters include
continuous or pulsed ultrasonics; time, energy, or temperature control modes; pulse on-time/energy, off-time and total on-time/energy; or amplitude as a percentage.
• 40 kHz ultrasonics for quiet, tabletop operation.
• Sample sizes from 0.2 to 150ml.
• High efficiency, handheld and stand-mountable converters require no internal cooling.
• Scrollable, multi-function screen with pushbuttons.
• Continuous or pulsed ultrasonics.
• Amplitude control range from 10 to 100%.
• Microtip mode limits amplitude to 70% to extend tool life.
• Control modes include time, temperature, and energy.
• True temperature control manages sample temperature within user-specified limits (requires separate temperature probe).
• In-process feedback displays experiment progress together with key variables such as power level, energy usage, and elapsed time.
• Advanced energy control mode delivers precise energy input in continuous or pulse modes.
• Programmable parameters include continuous or pulsed ultrasonics; time, energy, or temperature* control modes; pulse on-time/energy, off-time and total time/energy; or amplitude as a percentage. (*requires optional temperature probe)
|SFX150 with Traditional Converter
|318 x 191 x 235mm
|SFX150 with Handheld Converter
Sonifier SFX Series: Tips and Accessories
The Sonifier SFX Series can be equipped with a wide range of specialized tools and accessories to meet specific application requirements.
Cup Horn: This specialized horn permits high intensity sound to be applied to multiple samples without direct horn contact. 3.0″ diameter only.
Micro Tips: These smaller, high intensity tips are ideal for processing smaller samples in Eppendorf vials or similar vessels. Available in stepped or tapered designs. Sizes range from 3/32″ to 1/4″.
40 kHz Traditional Converter: Used in a stand or acoustic sound enclosure, the traditional converter is designed for longer-duration samples.
Rosette Cell: Branson’s Rosette Cell provides a unique flow pattern of substances for exposure to ultrasonic energy during circulation through the cell. When it is immersed in a cooling bath, the enlarged glass
surface area and circulation through the side arms provide an efficient means of heat exchange.
Acoustic Enclosure: Operating a Sonifier® SFX Series in the Soundproof Enclosure can minimize mechanical noise produced by ultrasonic processing. The sturdy cabinet is lined with waterproof, sound-absorbing material, which is impervious to most solutions or laboratory reagents and can be easily cleaned. A fully-transparent door enables viewing of the process while limiting the noise to an acceptable level.
Stand and Converter Holder: The support stand with stainless steel rod accommodates Branson’s 40 kHz traditional converter. The converter holder supports the ultrasonic stack (converter and microtip) and is easily adjusted to properly position the microtip in the sample.